There are 27 Nakshatras. But in Sarvatobhadra Chakra Abhijit Nakshatra is also used. In all, 28 Nakshatras are used in SBC. ( Sarvatobhadra Chakra
: सर्वतोभद्र) in Hindu astrology
(abbrev. SBC) is a unique technique for prediction based on the Nakshatras
. It is an ancient system because it takes into account Abhijit nakshatra
) which is now not referred to in matters pertaining to methods that are generally employed for making astrological predictions. Janardan Harji in his Mansagari
has described it as - संप्रवक्ष्यामि चक्रं त्रिलोक्यदीपिकम् - the trust-worthy quickly-revealing Trilokyadeepika Chakra.The term, Sarvatobhadra, derived from Sarva
(सर्व) meaning – all, and Bhadra
(भद्र)) meaning – good or auspicious, means overall auspiciousness. Abhijit nakshatra is located between Uttarashada and Sravana, it is the last quarter of Uttarashada and the first half of Sravana nakshatra. ) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarvatobhadra_Chakra New Chandra (Moon)
Ch is invisible on last day of the month known as Amavasya. After Amavasya, a small curve is seen in the sky on Pratipada of Sukla Paksha. This rise of Ch is classified as New Ch. Sankranti
When Surya leaves a Rasi & enters another Rasi, it is known as Sankranti. I.e. when Sy enters Mesha Rasi, it is known as Mesh Sankranti. Grahas - combustion & rise (Grahas = Planets)
When a Graha, during the course of its transit, comes near Sy or Sy comes near Graha, Graha disappears due to severe light of Sy. That phenomenon is known as combustion of Graha. When Graha reappears & is visible, it is known as Uday (rise) of Graha. Ma, Sa & Gu are always combust in West direction & again rise in East. Budh & Sukra are combust in West & East also. They rise in both directions. Graha - retrograde & direct
When a Graha, in transit, move straight, it is known as direct and when a Graha turns its direction due to heat of Sy it is known as retrograde. Direct Graha always goes ahead. Whereas the retrograde Graha's longitude reduces gradually. Sy & Ch are always direct. Whereas Ra & Ke are always retrograde. Other Grahas are direct & retrograde also. This position of Grahas can be ascertained from Ephemeris. Important features of a horoscope – Chakra
- Every horoscope has 12 Bhavas.
- Bhava no. 1, 4, 7, 10 are known as Kendras (angles). (Bhava = Houses)
- Bhava no. 5 & 9 are known as Trikonas (trines).
- Bhava no. 2, 5, 8, 11 are known as Panapharas (cadent).
- Bhava no. 3, 6, 9, 12 are known as Apoklimas (succedent).
- Malefic Grahas are Sy, wanning Ch, Ma, Sa, Ra, Ke, Bu - whenever with a malefic Graha.
- Benefic Grahas are Gu, Sk, waxing Ch ,Bu – when alone.
- Misc. matters about horoscope
- Any Graha in 5th or 9th Bhava gives benefic results.
- Lords of 3rd, 6th and 11th Bhava are always malefic & they do not give benefic results if Lords are malefic.
- Benefic Lords of 4th, 7th and 10th Bhava are 100% malefic, even Gu & Sk, unless they occupy their own or exaltation Rasi.
- Malefic Lords of 4th, 7th, 10th are 100% benefic.
- Lords of 5th & 9th Bhava are 100% benefic.
- Lords of 2nd & 12th Bhava are neutral, provided they do not own any other Bhava.
- Lord of 8th Bhava is most malefic.
- Lord of 8th Bhava when also Lord of Lagna gives 50% benefic results.
- Lords of 4th, 7th & 10th Bhava (Gu & Sk), if occupy 2nd or 7th Bhava, are 100% malefic & become Maraka.
- Lord of 4th, 7th & 10th Bhava if Bu, occupies 2nd or 7th Bhava, is 50% malefic & 50% Maraka.
- Lord of 4th, 7th & 10th Bhava if Ch, occupies 2nd or 7th Bhava, is 25% malefic & 25% Maraka.
- Lord of 8th Bhava if Sy or Ch, are 25% malefic.
- Malefic Lords of 4th, 7th & 10th Bhava, when also Lord of 3rd, 6th, 8th, 11th Bhava, are 50% malefic.
- Ra or Ke, when occupy 1st, 4th, 7th, 10th, 5th or 9th Bhava, give benefic results, provided their Lords are benefic by lordship & when they are conjoined with a benefic strong Graha.
- Ch is less malefic than Bu.
- Bu is less malefic than Gu & Sk.
- 9th Bhava is stronger than 5th Bhava.
- 10th Bhava is stronger than 7th Bhava.
- 7th Bhava is stronger than 4th Bhava.
- 6th Bhava is stronger than 3rd Bhava.
- 11th Bhava is stronger than 6th Bhava.
- Malefic Graha when retrograde becomes double malefic.
- Benefic Graha when retrograde becomes double benefic.
- Lords of 1st, 4th, 7th, 10th, 5th and 9th Bhavas, if related to each other, especially by conjunction or exchange of Kendra Lord with Trikona Lord give Raj Yogas.
- If Lords of 4th, 7th, 10th, 5th and 9th have malefic tendencies they give malefic results even if they are Yogi Grahas (this happens when Lords of 4th, 7th, 10th Bhava are benefic Grahas).
Astrology is an applied science. Our Sages used to apply it extensively for prediction of all matters about the world, individuals, war & peace, market fluctuations, life & end of life of native, happy events & unhappy events, victory & defeat.
Malefic Lords of 6th, 8th & 12th Bhava are less malefic than benefic Lords of 4th, 7th & 10th Bhava.
Lagna Lord is 100% benefic. Malefic Lord of 4th, 7th & 10th Bhava if also Lords of 5th or 9th Bhava are Yogi Grahas.
++++NOTES BY RESPONDERS: vargottam
Lagna Lord is 100% benefic yet a natural malefic like Saturn retains its malefic nature for Aquarius and Capricorn as well as Taurus and Libra. For Mercury and Jupiter ruled signs, the kendrapati dosh renders them less benefic. SevereDiscipline
word of caution for people reading this , this is an extract from the Sarvatobhadra Chakra book by M agarwal and is largely from a Nadi perspective so don't apply it as a shortcut since nadi follows different rules from parashara jyotish.