I have the serial number just not the DVD
I have a legal serial for photoshop cs5 but not the install DVD. This hasn't been a problem before because I could always download the trial from the adobe website, but now i can only find the cs6 trial. Any ideas? I could torrent a cracked version, but why do that when I own it legally.
submitted by agarciaz20
[META] Basic Gif tutorial
A few people requested a tutorial. So I figured I might as well post it for everyone, instead of just the few.
You'll need a video player that allows for frame extraction. I use the KMPlayer, which happens to be free. You can download it here - http://kmplayer.en.softonic.com
For the actual Gif making, I use Photoshop CS5. It isn't free, but it does have a 30 day trial. Or you could always
Going to use a lot of pictures to try and eliminate any possible confusion.
- Open the video player, and find something you'd like to gif.
- Open the frame extraction menu via ctrl+g. If for whatever reason, you hate doing things the easy way; just right click, and open like so - http://i.minus.com/ibbgjjhDlQRuQW.png
- Once open, have it set to extract the frames at their original size and to extract continuously. Taking every 2nd/3rd frame usually works best for me. - http://i.minus.com/ik2gWb5RqZzkP.png
By default, the frames will extract to a folder called "Capture"
- Now open Photoshop and start a new document. Make sure the width and height are the same size as the frames you were extracting (The resolution of the video) It should be in pixels of course. Have an unecissary picture - http://i.minus.com/ibbORBQrKHecz.png
- Open the "capture" folder and select all of your caps. Click on the first one (making sure you keep all of them selected - also, make sure you drag from the first cap, or they will load in the wrong order and you’ll have to rearrange them in photoshop, (which is a waste of time) and drag into photoshop, then drop onto your new file.
It should now look like this - http://i.minus.com/iX7WDp8OXbmRC.png
- Hit enter to load the next frame. Continue to do so until all of the frames have been loaded. (The x will disappear)
- Click on the menu at the top, where it says “window” and make sure there is a tick next to “animation”. More unnecessary photos - http://i.minus.com/ibnKgGTwOhJjx7.png
- Open the menu near the bottom right, and select "Make frames from layers" - http://i.minus.com/iDgodP56nmwgU.png
- Delete the background frame (The blank frame)
Now, as for the actual gif making, it's all you. You decide which frames to delete, how they're arranged, and how fast the gif will switch frames.
Once you've got a satisfactory gif, it's time to save it.
- Go to File, and select "Save for web and devices"
- Change the size of your gif and be sure it's set to loop forever. 600x338 is the size I use for mine. - http://i.minus.com/ibleXMTZEFnVpu.png
That's everything. I hope it was easy to follow. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Oh, and here's the gif I was making during the tutorial - http://i.minus.com/ibirmfhD5h5Dzz.gif
Edit: Be sure to delete the frames once you're done making the Gif. They take up a surprising amount of space.
submitted by RoFl_ChOpS