How money keeps Unison League alive.
Now, I've heard many stories about it and experienced many times myself some stranger who tells you that either you buy gems and you're a whale, or you don't buy gems and your poor. Now, the following is meant to be read by somebody who does not understand how the act of buying gems is positive and not buying gems is negative. If you are not one of these people, this is not meant for you.
The "P2P" Treatment : A lot of players seem to think that you're a "whale" for purchasing a 150 gem pack for the new gem spawn. Before I tell you anything, you need to understand that a company gets money in various ways, usually advertisements and purchases. As you know, Ateam chose not to include advertisements (except collaborations [EDIT: and Tapjoy]) in Unison League, which means that Ateam ONLY earns money when players purchase gems in Unison League. If no one bought gems, Unison League would either have advertisements or wouldn't be available at all anymore. In the fear of that happening, some players make the choice to purchase gems to support Ateam and their products. Therefore, trying to convince a player to stop supporting the company that made the game you're currently playing is very ironic, and does not contribute to Unison League or its community in any way. However, just because you did not buy gem doesn't mean you have no other way to support Ateam, and being a 'F2P' is completely fine.
The "F2P" Treatment : Meanwhile some players shame other players for buying gems, some shame other players for not buying gems. This is a much more complicated topic than the previous one, and therefore I won't get into too many details. One individual does not need to purchase something from a company to support this company. Sharing the game with your friends or on social networks is also a way to support Unison League and Ateam. There are cases where a player is in fact "poor" as some people shame them for being such. This doesn't mean that they are worse than a P2W or that they'll never go far. One example of that is the Youtuber 'Kimocheese'. He was a F2P player and got to the top ranks in Gear Score. Although he wasn't buying gems, he made Unison League videos and supported the game in a way. Some people like Kimocheese aren't "poor" but chose not to purchase gems for the sake of struggle and experience. Being a F2P is not a sin, but another way of playing to get the same results as a P2P.
I will not get into more details since this is a very sensitive and debated topic. I hope the community will one day stop shaming other players and play the game the way they want to play it (quote from Jesus ik ik).
submitted by FreakingLobster
What's Happening The Week of October 10, 2016
Since we can't sticky every new thread for a new insert set, how about a weekly thread that gets updated? Monday October 10, 2016
Tuesday October 11, 2016
- Allegiance Award to be issued at 12:00 PM PDT
- Monday Marathon - Masters on the Mic #4 Jerry The King Lawler
- Signature Poses #1 - Daniel Bryan Released
- Purple Natalya, DDP & Shinsuke Nakamura Released
- RAW RECAP - Sasha Banks cut a promo on Charlotte who responded, and was interrupted by Rusev and Lana. Then they booked a mixed tag match between Sasha & Roman Reigns vs. Charlotte & Rusev for later tonight. Oh and then they booked Sasha vs. Charlotte in the first ever Women's Hell in a Cell match for the next live event. 1) Xavier Woods (with the rest of the New Day) pinned Cesaro (with Sheamus) when Cesaro was distracted by out of the ring shenanagins. I guess New Day vs. Cesaro & Sheamus is booked for HIAC. 2) Bayley pinned Tami Fields (jobber). Goldberg replay from ESPN, he wants Brock, later tonight Paul Heyman will answer Goldberg. Funny backstage bit between R-Truth and Y2J. 3) Lince Dorado & Sin Cara vs. Drew Gulak & Tony Nese in Cruiserweight Tag action. Sin Cara earlier announced he was joining the Cruiserweight division. He and Dorado tagged up 8 years previously says Cole. Lince Dorado gets the pin on Drew Gulak after a beautiful shooting star press from the top turnbuckle. Backstage with Stephanie and Mick, she compliments him on his new suit and wants to join him on stage for his Hell in a Cell statement, where they announce that not only is the Women's title in a cell, but so is the US Title and the Universal Title match. Kevin Owens and Y2J come out to complain about it. Owens is in a suit, looks good to be honest (no tie though). They book a match between Chris Jericho and Seth Rollins, and if Y2J prevails then he's ADDED to the HIAC match for the title. This is the main event. OOOOH. 4) Bo Dallas & Curtis Axel (reuniting the Social Outcasts) vs. Enzo Amore and Big Cass. Gallows and Anderson ambush Cass and Enzo while Enzo is talking, which let's face it, is the best part of their gimmick. Dammit. They give the boot of doom to Enzo and the Magic Killer to Cass. No match I guess. Back from break and Axel demands a match with somebody and Foley better deliver. Sami Zayn comes out and his partner is Neville returning from injury! Neville & Zayn get the victory after a Helluva kick on Axel and a Red Arrow. Who doesn't want to see more from Zayn and Neville as a tag team? 5)R-Truth (w/Goldust) vs. Titus O'Neill. Truth gets the pin on a rollup. 6) Braun Stroman vs. Stephen & Clay Spash (Local Jobbers) who get an interview before getting killed in a handicap match. Afterwards he demands better competition from Foley We now get a look at the history of the Royal Rumble entering it's 30th year. 7) Charlotte & Rusev (with Lana) vs. Sasha Banks & Roman Reigns in mixed tag action. The champs emerge victorious when Sasha forces Charlotte to tap to the Banks Statement for the 2nd week in a row. Funny backstage segment with KO and Y2J, who puts Phillips on the list. Paul Heyman is next and he hereby challenges Bill Goldberg to a fight with Brock Lesnar, anywhere, anytime. Brian Kendrick comes out for commentary for the next match featuring 8) TJ Perkins vs. Ariya Daivari which TJ wins by forcing Daivari to tap to the Kneebar. Really amusing backstage banter between Y2J and Stephanie, each forgetting that they used to hate each other. Steph really likes Chris' scarf. She really wants to stick it to her brother Shane with a triple threat match at HIAC that will blow away the triple threat from last night's No Mercy (honestly that wouldn't be too hard). Hispanic Heritage month celebrates El Matador Tito "Chico" Santana. Goldberg tweeted that he'd answer Heyman next week live on Raw. So that's a good way to build a feud. MAIN EVENT TIME 9) Chris Jericho vs. Seth Rollins. If Y2J wins he is inserted in the Hell in a Cell Match on October 30. Seth ends up victorious (of course) somehow. Owens attacks Rollins after the match, but Rollins escapes and pedigrees Y2J as we go off the air. 20 days until HIAC.
Wednesday October 12, 2016
- Tuesday Marathon Queens of the Ring #6 Emma
- Signature Poses #2 Stone Cold Steve Austin
- No Mercy Topps Now Released
- New Insert Set Blackout - #1 Alexa Bliss Released
- *Smackdown Live Preview - No Mercy Fallout - 1) Dolph Ziggler beat the Spirit Squad on a 2-1 Handicap match, afterwards The Miz attacked him, only to be saved by the Tag Team Champions. Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon officially proposed a traditional Survivor Series match at the next dual brand event in November, featuring Smackdown Live's Best versus Raw's Best, and also the same thing for the top 5 tag teams (Yawn). 2) Naomi rolled up a distracted Carmella for the win. Earlier Carmella had attacked Nikki Bella and Nikki came down to the ring for retribution. Alexa Bliss was interviewed and claimed she can beat Naomi any day or time, and D-Bry booked that for next week. The Hype Bros ran into the Ascension backstage. 3) Jimmy Uso pinned Chad Gable 4) James Ellsworth pinned WWE Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles in a non-title match featuring Dean Ambrose as the Special Referee. Of course Dean was heavily biased and fast counted the Gillberg lookalike. Afterwards Styles complained to the GM. 5) Main Event Randy Orton & Demon Kane vs. Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper the heels get the win when the lights go out with Randy in the ring looking to tag in Kane, and when they come back on Kane is gone, Harper is standing where Kane was, and Randy runs right into a Sister Abigail. Talking Smack is next
Thursday October 13, 2016
- Personified Series 2 Award Issued (330 cc)
- No Mercy B&W Base Set Award Issued (9868 cc)
- Signature Poses #3 Randy Orton Released
- Wednesday Marathon NXT Generation #6 Jason Jordan Released
- Blackout #2 Asuka Released
- Dolph Ziggler Signature Series Released
- Purple Rusev free with Coin Subscription
Friday October 14, 2016 Saturday October 15, 2016
- New Base of TJ Perkins, Brian Kendrick and Bobby Roode released
- Earth Award Issued
- Signature Poses #4 AJ Styles Released
- New Tapjoy Coin Contest for Dean Ambrose, Kane & Nia Jax Lime Green
- Blackout #3 Big E
- Thursday Marathon Hall of Fame #6 Godfather released
Sunday October 16, 2016
- Orange Shinsuke Nakamura Signature Card Released
- Blackout #5 Finn Balor released
- Signature Poses #6 Seth Rollins released
- Saturday Marathon Foreign Imports #6 Genera Adnan released
- Becky Lynch Sunday Showcase released
- Blackout #6 Dean Ambrose
- Signature Poses #7 Shawn Michaels released - Awards Thursday 10-20 at 11:45 EST
- Sunday Marathon Stars of the 1980's #6
Important Links: Thread Archive
submitted by wmnoe