Is IK Multimedia's Miroslav Philharmonik plugin still good?
I'm Looking for a realistic plugin for string intstruments and most people i see are recommending Miroslav Philharmonik. it looks pretty good and isnt very expensive. Its just pretty old and i don't see anywhere that they've been updating it. I'm wondering if its still good? or are there any better plugins for realistic strings under 200$?
submitted by ColorProblem
We built our own studio, it took us a year. -details and links inside.
it took us a year, but we finally finished our studio that we've been building. we built the studio in a warehouse, here's a link to the post showing some of the construction of the room
I unloaded the lumber of the delivery truck almost exactly one year ago. It's taken one year to get to this point. After the construction, finishing, layout, and constant cleaning, it was almost two months of cabling, wiring, testing, and constant cleaning. This is what it looks like now.
All of these photos are taken with a GoPro. I plan on taking photos with a regular camera soon.
I'm really proud of what came out of it. Considering 90% or more of the work was done by us, a group of people that don't do this for a living, it's turned out pretty great. The only work we didn't perform ourselves was some masonry work (installing CMU blocks to close up the large opening that was previously there) and the drywall taping, compounding, sanding, and finishing. It's still not 100% complete, but it's completely functional.
Now to play some music - after a year of this, I really feel like I have lost all of my playing experience and have to start again. In the meantime, I'm going to run some recording tests and attempt to record people, bands, anything.
Thanks for looking!
- Intel S5000XVNSASR Motherboard
- (2) XEON X5470 3.33 GHz Quad-Core Processors
- 16 GB of DDR2-667 FB-DIMM ECC RAM currently installed, another 16 GB (4 sticks) is sitting outside the computer right now due to one bad stick out of the bunch (haven’t identified the bad stick)
- Cubase Pro 8
- UVI Analogic Piano 09, Digital Synsations, Mello, Plugsound Pro *Waves Gold Bundle, Center, Linear Phase EQ, Non-Linear Summer, Codex
- IK Multimedia Miroslav Philharmonik, SampleMoog
- Native Instruments The Giant, Scarbee Vintage Keys, Studio Drummer, Drumlab
- Ohmforce Ohmicide Distortion
Interfaces and Recording:
- Audio Interfaces: o Alesis MasterControl o M-Audio Pro-Fire 2626, connected to MasterControl via Optical and S/PDIF o With both interfaces connected, 16 channels are available at 88.2 or 96 maximum
- Channels and Pre-Amps: o 01- Alesis MasterControl Pre o 02- ART Pro Channel o 03- JoeMeek MQ3 o 04- Golden Age Projects Pre-73 MKII o 05- Focusrite VoiceMaster Pro o 06- Focusrite TwinTrak Pro Channel 1 o 07- Focusrite TwinTrak Pro Channel 2 o 08- Focusrite TrakMaster o 09 through 16- M-Audio ProFire 2626 Pre’s
- Monitors o Event ASP8 o Avantone Active MixCubes
- PA Speakers o Electro-Voice ZLX-12p
- Microphones o Shure SM7B o Shure Beta 52A o Shure SM57 (4) o Shure SM58 o Shure Beta 91 o Audix D112 o Avantone CK-1 o Rode NT2-A o Rode NT4 o Apex 210 o MXL R144 o Sterling Audio ST31 (2) o Behringer ECM-8000 (2) o Sennheiser e906
- MIDI o MOTU Micro Lite interface o AKAI MPK49 o M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 o Casio Keyboard being used as MIDI Controller o M-Audio Keystation 61es o Alternate Mode DK-10
submitted by araz_reddit